How to apply Styling Pomade
Use our pomades to create the following hair styles:
For a more volumised and long lasting Pompadour, we suggest using Morgan’s High Shine or Slick/Extra Firm Hold to create slickness, shine and strength.
1. Start with clean, towel-dried hair. Take a small amount of Morgan’s High Shine or Slick/Extra Firm Hold pomade and slick back the sides of the hair with the palms of your hands.
2. Take a hair dryer and set to high heat.
3. Using a round brush, start at the back of the head and roll the brush backwards while pushing the hair forward and upward. Proceed section by section, blow drying the brushed hair at the same time.
4. Continue up to the hairline, brushing the hair forward and up while blow drying, then spend some extra time at the very front for extra volume. The hair should be pointed upwards at about a 60-degree angle.
5. Take a quarter sized amount of pomade and work it through the top of the hair, maintaining height and shape from the hair dryer.
For a more polished side-part style, we suggest using Morgan’s High Shine to create both strength and shine.
1. Start with clean, towel dried hair.
2. Use a hair dryer on high heat. If you want to add more volume, use Morgan’s Volume Spray just before blow drying to give extra body. Blow dry the top of the hair over to one side using the brush to guide. Then, blow dry the remaining side straight down to create the side-part line. Continue by blow drying the hair on your crown straight back.
3. Take a small amount of Morgan’s High Shine Pomade and work the product into your hair, pushing the front off to the side, and then push the remaining side straight down.
4. Use a little extra pomade to push the crown straight back and down. Again, for more volume, slick the hair to the side and back at a diagonal.
5. For a clean part, run a comb lengthwise from the back of the head to your forehead, then separate the hair. Always use one hand to comb and the other to pat the hair down as you go along. Comb the hair on the crown back and down. Then comb the front either straight back and up, or more to the side and back.
6. To finish, use Morgan’s Grooming Spray to keep everything in place.
For a simple yet dapper comb-over style, we suggest using Morgan’s Medium Hold Pomade to create a clean yet relaxed finish. Suitable for both short and longer length hair on top.
1. Start with towel dried hair and apply Morgan’s Volume Spray evenly throughout to add volume and texture.
2. Carefully comb your hair forward to find your side parting. Keep things neat.
3. Use a hair dryer and set to high heat.
4. Blow-dry front to back. Comb the top of your hair into place, but keep the parting.
5. Take a small amount of Morgan’s Medium Hold Pomade and work the product back to back to front. Finish by combing the front.
6. To finish, apply a small amount of Morgan’s Grooming Spray to keep hair in place.
For a classic or modern slicked back style, a strong hold pomade is recommended so we suggest using Morgan’s Slick/Extra Firm pomade which provides a sufficiently strong hold.
For long hair slicked back, the weight of your hair should hold most of it back, meaning you don’t have to use a particularly strong pomade. For this we suggest using Morgan’s Medium Hold Pomade for a smart and simple look.
1. Start with damp or towel-dried hair. Apply Morgan’s Sea Salt Spray if you want to add some texture to your locks.
2. Use a hair dryer and set to high heat. This only applies to a modern slick, or if you want to add volume to your hair. Blow dry front to back using a brush or comb to pull your hair towards the back of your head.
3. Take a small amount of pomade and slick your hair back as normal using the palms of your hands, then comb back any uneven or messy hair into place.
4. To finish, apply a small amount of Morgan’s Grooming Spray to keep the hair in place.
The quiff is one of the most iconic hairstyles a man can sport. The versatile nature of the look means it works just as well with short, mid-length or long hair. If you have longer hair on top and desire a more relaxed look, then we suggest using Morgan’s Medium Hold Pomade. If you have shorter hair, we suggest using Morgan’s Slick/Extra Firm Hold Pomade.
1. Start with clean towel-dried hair. Add Morgan’s Sea Salt Spray or Volume Spray to add height, texture and volume. Use a hair dryer and set to high heat. Blow dry and brush your hair up and away from your face, starting at the roots. Using a brush or comb, direct the hair up and straight back.
2. Lower the heat and use your brush to perfect your look to your liking. Do not continue to use the hair dryer once your hair is dry, as this will make the hair crisp and dried out.
3. Take a small amount of pomade and work through the hair thoroughly with your hands for a textured, relaxed finish. For a smarter look, opt for a comb to style the quiff into place.
4. Finish with Morgan’s Grooming Spray for extra hold, volume and structure.